Wednesday, February 23, 2011

In the Midst of Change


Another long day. I find myself once again In the the midst another change...a good change. More time to write and focus on my teaching job and family. Change can be scary. Change can be unpredictable. Change can be good. Change can be bad. Change makes me yell. Change makes me cry. Change makes me laugh. In Philippians 4:10-12 Paul writes, "I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I should be used to it by now. Change happens everyday and in my life change is not a stranger. He is my best friend. OK, that statement may be stretching it a little. Change has been prevalent most of my adult life. Change asks me questions and I try to answer. Change makes me think and makes my brain hurt. Change makes me react. So, why do people not like change? Change makes me uncomfortable, but I say I like change. Right? Often times, change = confrontation. Confrontation + me= me not liking change. So, in the midst of change I am pushing forward and focusing on things despite the confrontations that might occur. Margaret Mead once said, “A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.”

No comments:

Post a Comment