Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My New Word Overwhelmingness


When is it a good time to take a break from things? I am coining/creating a new word. The word is overwhelmingness. Feelings of "overwhelmingness" sometimes invade the space of my ever increasing schedule. Overwhelmingness stresses me out and sometimes makes me grouchy. When does it stop? When should it end? The chaos of additional tasks...additional meetings...additional jobs. During times of excessive "overwhelmingness" one must ask, "what or who is my priority"? In 2nd Corinthians 8:5, Paul writes "And they exceeded our expectations: They gave themselves first of all to the Lord, and then by the will of God also to us". Paul's writing is stating we must FIRST give ourselves to the Lord. Are the extras necessary? Is it worth it? Why is it so hard to say NO!?!? Pushing...Striving...and Desiring to grow in my profession...to a point of where I'm exhausted from the endless thinking that occurs within my mind. Saying no to things would be a HUGE start, but I hate to miss out on opportunities that might give me experience for a future door that might open. "Overwhelmingness"--is the feeling of thoughts overcrowding the brain and stifling the creativity of a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment