Friday, April 8, 2011

Love + Respect = Great Marriage


In my last post, I discussed "The Voice" in the movie Field of Dreams. I want to continue discussing the movie, but this time look at Ray's wife, Annie. Annie was very supportive of Ray's decision to "follow" the voice. Ray loved Annie enough to seek her input on the decisions he was making. She respected and supported him despite not knowing what would happen based on the decision Ray made. Our lives are much the same. We do not know what tomorrow brings. My wife is very similar to Annie. I love her and she supports me in all my endeavors. She asks difficult and thought provoking questions to make me think about things before a I make a crucial decision. Above all, she respects and supports me. In Ephesians 5:24-27, Paul wrote, "Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless". Paul's words paint a clear picture of marriage, using Christ and the church as an illustration. Love and Respect is a vital part in a successful marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment