Saturday, April 30, 2011

Lesson 5: Have No Regrets


In Tuesdays with Morrie, Mitch is living a crazy life with deadlines and ignoring the important things in life. Mitch ignores his family (dying brother), his girlfriend/wife, and his old professor (for 16 years). He avoided the things that matter most. Life is busy. Work often consumes us. It is important that our priorities are in order so that we do not regret the things we did or did not do. God should be our first priority, followed by spouse, then children, and finally work. I want no regrets when I'm older. My goal is to focus on the things that matter not the things that do not. In 1 Timothy 4:7, Paul writes: "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith". These words Paul spoke carry no regrets. I want to be able to speak these words one day. Prioritizing my life now will be the first step in finishing the race. Will you be able to say this verse at the end of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment