Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Reward


I decided to follow the theme of my previous two posts that focused on the movie "Field of Dreams. Through various struggles and nearly losing his farm, Ray continued to follow and listen to the voice. **MOVIE SPOILER ALERT** At the end of the movie, Ray receives a reward for following the voice. The reward is being able to see and play catch with his father one last time. The reward allows Ray to mend his "rocky" relationship with his father. Just as Ray received the reward for following the "voice", we will receive a great reward if we follow the leading and the calling of the voice of God. Jesus tells us in John 14:2, "My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you"? As we walk this life, we struggle and fall. We must turn to the one who created us for guidance. Jesus' promise is clear. If we follow him, our reward awaits us in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment