Saturday, April 2, 2011

#2 Bathsheba Admission---To be Famous in my Profession


I had a major problem with the desire of becoming "famous" in my field. However, the last two months, through prayer and mediation on God's Word, I have begun the process of getting rid of this Bathsheba, once and for all. My desire to be the "guru" in the area educational technology is slowly diminishing. This desire consumed me. It was all I thought about. I stressed and worried about my success in my profession. The desire of becoming a "guru" did take me to some interesting places, but I had very little time for the things that really matter in life. I had very little time for exercise, family, or hobbies. We are warned of this worldly view of "becoming" someone or desiring success in the eyes of the world. In Romans 12:2, Paul writes, "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will".

No comments:

Post a Comment