Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Admit It....One of my Bathsheba's is FOOD!


I Love Food! I've been wanting to lose some extra "poundage" for about two years, but have not been able to because of the food...especially cookies! I desire other foods and beverages too, including pizza, breads, and soda. Whenever I see these foods or begin to crave them, it is hard for me to resist the temptation of eating them. Nutrition is only one part of the "natural" weight loss solution, but I've been successful with exercising several times a week, except for the last month. In a previous post, I discussed David's falling into sin with Bathsheba. This desire for food will eventually lead to an unhealthy body. Actually, it has already became a problem due to excess weight on my joints and muscles. In 1 Corinthians 6:18-20, Paul reminds the church in Corinth to take care of their bodies and do not do anything unpleasing to God. Paul writes: "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies". I am challenging myself to turn to God and begin taking better care of my temple. Admission is the first step...now begins the hard part not allowing the temptation make me "fall".

No comments:

Post a Comment