Saturday, March 19, 2011

Defining the Elimination of Desire


I have been reflecting on the previous post “Eliminating Desire” and what it means to my life. The question I am attempting to figure out is how extreme to go with this concept. The world we live in is very materialistic. What do we truly need for survival in American society today? What are considered extras or “luxuries”? Why does society value material possessions so much? Over the last few months, a transformation has started to take place in my life. Things (extras) that I desired so much for my life are no longer things I want to spend my time pursuing. Many other things should and will begin to become priorities in my life. In Matthew 6:33-34, Jesus says: “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own”. Jesus promises that if we FIRST seek His kingdom and His righteousness all our needs will be met. So for me, eliminating desire for me at this point is focusing on God and prioritizing my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment