Sunday, March 27, 2011

Faith-Action=Nothing


Robert Kennedy once said, "There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" I have discussed this quote in other writings I have completed, but I think it is very important to discuss again. Kennedy's quote inspires me. The quote challenges me. I have always been a dreamer, but I think it is more important to put your dreams into action. A plan, idea, or dream without action is worthless. In our Christian life, our faith is worthless without action. In James 2:26, "As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." We need to act on our dreams and plans. Kennedy's quote is saying not to settle with the way things are, but look for ways to improve the world around us. Never underestimate yourself...ask why not? Why not put those dreams or plans into action today?

No comments:

Post a Comment