Sunday, March 13, 2011

Faithful God


I was really not wanting to go to rehearsal tonight. Actually, I was planning on skipping until I received a text from the Teresa reminding me of rehearsal. As I was pondering whether I would go, God already knew why I needed to be there. In our lives, we struggle with multiple challenges. Some are simple challenges that with time and prayer...will pass. Others are more challenging. Tonight, Teresa challenged me with a statement she shared with the group. She said something like, “The reason we often quit something is because of the difficulty...it is easier to quit”. We have a faithful God and He has placed us in that spot for a reason. When we quit, we are giving in to the challenge and might miss out on great opportunities. Reflecting back on my past, I have went through multiple job changes that have prepared me for where I am today. However, I often wonder, what opportunities or blessings I missed out because I didn’t trust in the Faithful God, who sustains us. I am reminded of David and his struggles and challenges he faced. David always looked to God and poured his heart out before God. In Psalms 71:22, David writes “I will praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, my God;I will sing praise to you with the lyre, Holy One of Israel”. I’m really at a unique place in my life. My current job is the job that I have had the longest. I have been most content with my current occupation of teaching. However, things have been challenging and I’ve been questioning my effectiveness. This year has been plagued by more frustrating days then what I would call successful days. I have pondered moving on. After tonight and Teresa’s insight on our faithful God, I am going to push on and push through this challenge. I am eager to see what God is going to do as I persevere through the challenges of daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment